Let’s all be honest. Bread is fantastic. It tastes great, goes well with almost anything, and there’s just a soothing quality when you eat it. But then you realize that it is filled with carbs and that’s something many of us are trying to avoid. Luckily, there’s a perfect alternative that is just as healthy as it is yummy.
They’re called cauliflower thins, and they’re incredible. They work exactly the way that bread does but without all the carbs. One thin has just 2 grams of carbs and when you consider the amount of fiber included, it turns into just one net carb per thin.
These are big thins as well, so you can make quite the sandwich or wrap with them. They only include four ingredients, which are riced cauliflower, eggs, almond flour and salt. None of those unhealthy artificial flavors. Take any recipe you find online and replace the bread with cauliflower thins for a tasty and healthy treat. Sandwiches, pizza, or whatever usually involves dough.
Cauliflower thins are non-GMO, keto friendly, low calorie, and don’t include nuts. They’re also a strong source of vegetables and protein. It is the ultimate bread alternative.
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Your favorite anti-inflammatory herbs and spices, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Dollop 2 heaped tablespoons of the cauliflower mixture onto a lined baking tray and use your hands to mold and shape the mixture into a round circle. Repeat this process until all of the mixture has been used. You should make 8 rounds total.
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip each round over. Return trays too the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite fillings, or cool and store in a covered container in the fridge.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 5g
- Net Carbs: 1.7g
Recipe credit: Bulletproof